Saturday, May 18, 2013

Block of the Month MAY

While I was on the K4C 2013 Confab I met a lovely lady called Karma.
We got to chatting & she asked if I was the person organising the Block of the Month
She admired my blanket that I was working on and admired this particular square.
I had been thinking that I wasn't going to include it as the petals curled up.
But seeing as she said she hoped I would include it, I decided to.
I worked on another version to pin the petals down and you can see it here.
I was inspired by a pattern by Jean Leinhauser. I've decided to name it the Karma flower.
A big thank you to Cobie for testing the pattern for me.

Aprox 6 1/2 inch square
Materials required 4 mm hook,  8 ply wool in yellow, green, cream
and a light and darker version of your favourite colour
AUS/UK terms
Round 1
Using yellow, ch3 & join to form a ring, ch3, 1 tr, ch1,
*2 treble, ch1, Repeat from * 6 times and join, break yarn and weave in ends
Round 2
Using lighter favourite colour, join to ch 1 space.
*3tr in ch1 space, ch6 and slip stitch into side of last treble made, repeat from * to end, join to first treble.
Round 3
slip stitch into next treble, *12 treble into next ch6 space, slip stitch into 2nd treble of 3tr group,
repeat from* around, join to beginning slip stitch.
Round 4
ch1, dc in same same slip st, ch5, working behind petals and dc into next slip stitch between petals,
*ch3, dc in next slip st, ch 5, dc in next slip st, ch3  repeat from *to end and join to beginning dc.
Round 5
Using green, slip st into ch5 space, ch3, in same space work 2tr, ch 2, 3tr (cnr), ch1
 3tr in next ch3 space, ch1, *(3tr, ch2, 3tr) in next ch 5 sp, ch1, 3tr in next ch3 space, ch1
 repeat from * join to top of beginning ch3, slip stitch to corner
Round 6
 ch3, 2tr, ch2, 3tr (cnr) ch1
*3 treble, ch1 in each ch1 space,  (3tr, ch2, 3tr) in each corner, repeat from * to end
join into top of beginning ch3, break yarn and weave ends in
Round 7
using cream, join in corner space ( ch3, 1tr, ch2,  2tr) into the corner space,
1tr in between each tr across side, (2tr, ch2, 2tr) in corners repeat and join into top of beginning ch3
Rounds 8 to 11
Using Darker favourite colour Repeat Round 7













2 comments: